UACTT AGENDA MARCH 5, 2011
I. Randy Jepperson Presentation
A. Competition for Drama Students putting on a skit
1. $2,000 for the sponsoring organization
2. $200 for each class to prepare
3. $500.00 to the winner
II. Changes to the Board Proposal
A. Director of Professional Development
1. Rebecca Webber
B. Others who are interested
1. Lisa Dalgren (charter school rep)
2. Karen Kidd?
C. Attendance Changes?
1. In the by-laws it states 75% of meetings must be attended. Does this need to change? What do we do about people not coming to the majority of meetings? Is this a trial to see who is committed to the board in its first year?
III. 2011 Conference
A. Sponsors (general letter sent out to board)
1. All board members assigned to get or attempt to get 1 sponsor for the conference.
2. If you get one, Julie, Will, and Josh L need to be informed asap. An ad needs to be sent to Josh Long. (Business card size) Do not get sponsors from Josh Long’s list, he will do that. We are mostly looking for meal sponsors.
Due Dates and Duties
1. Josh Long Ad’s collected and to Julie April 26th
(Also, Josh, new ideas for when we do the raffles and how)
2. Conference Money Due May 7th
3. Josh S Venues and rooms due May 11th
4. Robin, Rock, Phaidra Awards chosen and given to Will
May 13th, Friday
5. Julie Final Program/Printing June 17
6. Opening Video (need more teachers) script and filming need to be determined after the meeting in a submeeting.
Robin, Alan, Mindy, Will (Who else?)
7. Alyn and Tami Icebreaker Ideas
8. Teacher Break Out Sessions (Will had the idea to have boxes teachers could submit questions to for the sessions) What should be done in these sessions?
9. Jim, collection of money and constant updates of registrants to me Julie and Amanda (Please put in alphabetical order) Please get with Julie on hotel purchases. I have the list from Maryann of discounts I will e-mail.
10. Rebecca ASAP Lane Changes and what we need to do
11. Liz and Alan books made and sent to me for printing by May 30th.
IV. Go over summer agenda and get board approval
A. Voting on a new rule: an outside person rather than a student can run Piano or music in a one-act play for a musical. This will match our musical theater IE’s.
B. Our BIG PROPOSAL
1. Each person in a classification needs to make sure that at state you gather all the teachers together and go over the voting. Explaining the details of the new proposal and judges certification. You must then gather votes, count them and get them to me via e-mail ASAP so we can get them on our PowerPoint.
2. Josh Long, we need a lot of feedback from your students and
teachers about your experience, and the judge’s test.
2.2 Andy, we need feedback about the Thespian Scholarships.
3. Go over budget and finalize everything (do we need this to be in the voting?)
4. We have 15 minutes to present. What are the key things we want to go over with the executive board?
1. Statistics and voting stats
5. Can the subcommittee all be to the April 27th meeting? You will need to get substitute. Our presentation will be at 10:30 at the UHSAA Offices. Can we meet a little early to make sure we have everything ready to go? Dress nice. Do we need a handout?
6. For voting. Do we want to separate the votes out on the new judges lesson plan from the new proposal? How do we want to lay out the voting to make it simple for teachers?
A. THANKS Tami for being on top of things!
B. We need more board members to help jump on forums and help answer questions please (especially Michellle and Alyn as mentors)
C. Michelle and Alyn, have you contacted your people? What can we do to get them into UACTT?
D. Lobby Team (Hope you all got Alan’s letter and wrote to your Legislator about it) Anything else?
E. Rock meet with Phaidra to take a more active PR role
Possible skit for the money section
Hard copy of the letter?